Advanced Macroeconomics: Selected Reading
- Rebelo, Sergio. Real business cycle models: Past, present, and future. No. w11401. National Bureau of Economic Research, 2005.
- Greenwood, Jeremy, Zvi Hercowitz, and Per Krusell. "The role of investment-specific technological change in the business cycle." European Economic Review 44.1 (2000): 91-115.
- Aiyagari, S. Rao. "Uninsured idiosyncratic risk and aggregate saving." The Quarterly Journal of Economics 109.3 (1994): 659-684.
- Clarida, Richard, Jordi Gali, and Mark Gertler. "The science of monetary policy: a new Keynesian perspective." Journal of economic literature 37.4 (1999): 1661-1707.
- Basu, Susanto. "Intermediate Goods and Business Cycles: Implications for Productivity and Welfare." The American Economic Review 85.3 (1995): 512-531.
- Bilbiie, Florin O., Fabio Ghironi, and Marc J. Melitz. "Endogenous entry, product variety, and business cycles." Journal of Political Economy 120.2 (2012): 304-345.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro, and John Moore. "Credit cycles." Journal of political economy 105.2 (1997): 211-248.
- Bernanke, Ben S., Mark Gertler, and Simon Gilchrist. "The financial accelerator in a quantitative business cycle framework." Handbook of macroeconomics 1 (1999): 1341-1393.
- Rogerson, Richard, Robert Shimer, and Randall Wright. "Search-theoretic models of the labor market: A survey." Journal of economic literature 43.4 (2005): 959-988.
The following Github repository contains core programs for models used throughout the course. These include the following:
- Static production model
- Real business cycle model
- Aiyagari model
- Mortensen-Pissarides model